Admission to Materials Science and Technology
All applicants to the Materials Science and Technology programme are required to submit a motivation letter (in English, maximum of 5000 characters with spaces) which should be based on the following points:
- What is the role of materials science in the world’s economy and society? Give some examples of problems which might be solved by developments of materials.
- Please describe briefly your previous studies and work experience, as well as your personality. Explain how your educational and professional background relates to the programme you are applying to.
- What is your personal motivation to study materials science and technology? In which role do you see yourself in your job after completion of the programme?
Note that the motivation letter must be submitted with your online application by 15 March 2019 at the latest.
- Knowledge in the fields of science and technology and fit between the student’s background and goals, with the study programme (50%);
- Analytical and argumentation skills (30%);
- Fluency in written English (20%).