Postdoc positions in gravity theory
The Laboratory of Theoretical Physics at the Institute of Physics of the University of Tartu, Estonia is looking for candidates to apply for
- a 2-year postdoctoral position.
The topics of interest focus upon extensions to general relativity and modified gravity, including:
- mathematical foundations of gravity,
- modifications to the geometry of spacetime,
- gravity theories based on Finsler, Cartan, Weizenböck or Riemann-Cartan geometry,
- gravity theories including multiple metrics,
- gravity theories including torsion,
- (multi-)scalar-tensor and related gravity theories,
- phenomenology of modified gravity, including gravitational waves, black holes, galaxies,
- cosmological aspects of modified gravity.
The positions depend on external funding and the applications will be processed in two stages. In the first stage, all applications will be reviewed by the gravity research group at the University of Tartu. Then the selected candidates and the University of Tartu will apply for funding via the programme Mobilitas+. The final decision on the funding will be made by the respective agencies.
The positions will be held in conjunction with the Estonian centre of excellence in research "The Dark Side of the Universe" (TK133) and the grant "Geometrical foundations of gravity and their comparison with observations" (PUT790), and aligned with the "Cosmology and Astrophysics Network for Theoretical Advances and Training Actions" (CANTATA).
The postdoctoral grant amounts to about €40000 per year. Applicants must have a PhD degree or equivalent, awarded not earlier than 01. February 2013, and not later than 31. August 2018. Applications for the postdoctoral position must include:
- curriculum vitae,
- two letters of recommendation,
- diploma of PhD degree or equivalent,
- research proposal of up to five pages,
- list of publications.
The deadline for the postdoctoral application is Monday, 15. January 2018, 05:59 GMT. Further details on the external funding to be applied for can be found on the programme's website:
All applications for the aforementioned positions must be submitted electronically via an upload script. Documents in the PDF format as a single file are recommended.