All applicants to the Materials Science and Technology programme are required to submit a motivation letter (in English, maximum of 3000 characters with spaces) which should be based on the following points:
- Please describe briefly your previous studies and work experience, as well as your personality. Explain how your educational and professional background relates to the programme you are applying to.
- What is your personal motivation to study materials science and technology? In which role do you see yourself in your job after completion of the programme?
Note that the motivation letter must be submitted with your online application by 15 March at the latest.
- Knowledge in the fields of science and technology and fit between the student’s background and goals, with the study programme (50%);
- Analytical and argumentation skills (30%);
- Fluency in written English (20%).
The maximum score for the motivation letter is 100 points and the result is positive only if the applicant gains 51 points or more.
Only those applicants who score 66 points or higher (out of 100) as a combined score from both the motivation letter and average grade of the previous study level, will be considered for admission.